Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Week in the Life of a Dashionista: Let's Walk a Mile in my Shoes :)

Good morning/afternoon/evening Dashionistas!

So we are well past the second half of 2013 (Time indeed does fly!) and before we know it, it has been exactly 6 months and 2 days (as according to Hong Kong time) since we have posted our first Dashion post!

You have seen our various styles, antics and stories - and so this week, we're bringing to you a more steady insight into a week in the life of a Dashionista! As T has been fairly busy, you will instead see my (J) styling snapshots throughout the week.

Towards the end of this post, I will be continuing our little 'Health & Fitness' section - however this time, there will be a "Food Spotlight: Healthy Munch of the Week!"

Here we go! 

Let's Walk a Mile in my Shoes
Sunday:

Sundays are one of my main 'training days' in the week! However, that only starts in the evening, so I try my best to spend lunch or early dinner with my mom (a.k.a. The Boss Lady - who actually is a real Fashionista; my personal Fashion icon!). 


I prefer to stick to very relaxed, casual styling - usually highlighting my accessories instead of the outfit itself (i.e. my bronze, DKNY bag, Ray Bans and gold bangles) and opted for flip flops.

Monday:

First day back in the week! I usually have a dance class in the evening and I will be working during the daytime. However, I didn't have to work on Monday this week so, like Sunday, I kept it more street casual but have opted for a more 'cooling' aura - using 'Monday Blues' as the theme! 


To give it a more 'well-rounded' feel, I complemented the outfit with my pair of nude, floral flats (which I would mention: one of my best buys ever! It was from a local shop that stocked Korean fashion items!). 

Tuesday:

Tuesdays are one of my main 'training days' alongside Sundays - and with even longer hours! Therefore, I maintain the easy-wear, comfortable and casual get-up but changed my bag to my 'Double D' bag (by Icon Daily)- daily-usage and durable. 

I also added a slightly more 'sporty' feel by doing a high-waist, tie-around with my cardigan.


Wednesday:

As we reach the middle of the week, I start to dress up more. I usually work on Wednesdays, therefore I go for a less street-casual style and refine my look. 


By pairing the outfit up with a more 'sassy' bracelet, my colourful, DKNY (yes, I LOVE DKNY) bag, gold-coloured flats and a few different rings, I spend my Wednesdays feeling more dolled up!

Thursday:

Unfortunately, and surprisingly, I did not take a Thursday snapshot!

I have morning/early afternoon dance training on Thursdays, followed by work - and this week, it was my dance teacher's birthday so my evening was spent having a celebration instead of the usual casual dining.

On regular Thursdays, it would be one of the more smart casual/corporate-presentable style. Here is a snapshot of the dress I wore, but from a different time (Minus the cardigan, boots, tights ... and long hair!)


Friday:

As the saying goes: "Thank God it's Friday!"

Fridays are usually the most versatile days - I might have work; a show/performance; volunteering, etc. So it is a very random day. 

Today, I had work followed by an evening show of 'Despicable Me 2' with my friends (Note: The movie was excellent!), a dinner with another friend of mine and finally ending with a (non-alcoholic) trip to HK's nightspot!


Maybe because it has been extremely hot in HK, cool colours were mostly chosen this week. I changed my bag to my Salad bag - which is used mostly for going out and/or going into the office. 


Health & Fitness: Food Spotlight
Healthy Munch of the Week!


READY-MEAL OATS!

To be specific, not just any ready-meal oats - oats made with unsweetened, soy milk and topped with mixed nuts and dried fruits!

Oats are considered to be one of the World's healthiest food. It is a healthy/complex carbohydrate and has essential nutrients and dietary fibre content. Most importantly, as oats are a complex carbohydrate, they are a strong food source in stabilising blood sugar levels.

Read more: 
Detailed research on Oats and its benefits: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=54


Although it is unsweetened, soy milk has a particular taste that would allow for the oats to have a more wholesome and satisfying taste and texture. Also, (unsweetened and added calcium) soy milk are generally a healthier option in the long run (low in saturated fats) in comparison to cow's milk.

However, soy milk (even with fortified calcium) will have a lower calcium content compared to cow's milk, and it may also trigger allergic reactions! So please check and be sure before consuming soy milk.

Nonetheless, of all the plant-based milk, soy milk can be considered as superior amongst non-dairy alternatives; contains fibre, is virtually cholesterol-free, and has a low Glycemic Index. (And it's delicious!)

The mixed nuts and fruits will add more flavouring and are a well-rounded option for a healthy, hearty and wholesome meal.

Nuts are usually misunderstood food sources as they are known to be 'high in fat' - however, there are healthy and non-healthy nuts classified. Nuts like almonds, walnuts and pine nuts are rich with 'healthy fats'; nutrients - and are beneficial to health when eaten in moderation.

You will need to be careful with the intake of dried fruits - choose those that have no added sugar/sugar-sprayed and choose wisely for the selection of dried fruits. The best option is to cut up fresh fruits instead! (Again, if you are particularly health conscious, you can read up on what are the healthiest/naturally low-sugar fruits! - Berries are usually the best choice.)
That's all for this week Dashionistas! Have a lovely weekend ahead!

If you enjoyed our post, please do support us by subscribing to our blog to stay updated! You can also interact with us through our Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram! Much Love!

♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - J x

1 comment: