Sunday, May 26, 2013

Kinaparadise

I apologize for the delay update of this post, I have been sick the whole week and actually currently sound like a man as well. One of my best friends called me today and her exact  words: "Can you whatsapp me instead? Your voice is scaring me." What lovely friends I have!

This week we are going to take a break from a cycles since I went on a short getaway last week with my boyfriend. Remember last cycle in "It's a girl thing" how I went mad shopping just for this trip? Well I really did try to make some use of it.... Of course when a girl packs, she ends up using a lot of other clothes she didn't expect to.

I'll try not to overload you with too much to read this week while I tell you about my trip, but I will most definitely bombard you with a series of amazing photos I took in Kota Kinabalu. The sunset there is absolutely breathtaking! The first day we arrived, I thought the whole trip was going to be ruined cause it was pouring! We checked the weather forecast and it said it would be pouring for the next four days. Great timing eh? Miraculously, the sky cleared up for a beautiful sunset that just put me in awe. We stayed at the Shangri-la Tanjung Aru Resort and they have a beautiful sunset bar that stretches out towards the sea. It was the perfect spot to do a little cocktail drinking while absorbing the beauty of the sunset before dinner.


 
All I felt when I was watching the sun go down was awe and peacefulness.  Seeing how calm the water is just eases your mind and the sky painted in different colours because of the sunset. I was in complete serenity. 
 
The next day, thank heavens, turns out to be a beautiful blue sky sunny day. We went to the orangutan sanctuary first thing in Shangri-la Rasa Ria Resort which was about a 45 min ride away from our resort. We got to see this little cutie after walking up this trail to the feeding station where it gets fed every morning. I personally think the "feeding station" is just feeding us to the mosquitos.  


After the orangutan we had some time before the bus came to pick us up so we spent the rest of the morning at the private beach just chilling and relaxing.





We went back to our hotel and guess what, we just laid by the pool. The infinity pool is absolutely beautiful. Yup it's my kind of holiday!


Around 6pm, (my favourite time of the day while I was there) the sun began to set and I thought yesterday's sunset was beautiful, but today proved me wrong! Yesterday I would not have been able to imagine a more amazing sunset but there it is, today just showed me. I have to say, the money is completely worth spent even if it's just to go stare at that sunset every single day.








The sky was so many different colours and it just got more vibrant as the sun gets closer to the horizon. And right before it sets, it is THE most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  And right where the hut is in the photo above is where the sunset bar is.

On our third day, the weather was kind to us again and we had another amazing sunny day.  Today we took a boat and did a little island hopping. I love being on boats when it goes fast, even if it makes me look like Medusa.


When I stepped out on to the first island, it was like incredible.  The beach is exactly how your imagination would picture a perfect beach; blue sky, white sand, sectioned light green sea water. It was gorgeous!


 

Throughout the day we did some snorkelling and then we did parasailing. Personally I am mad afraid of heights and have a phobia of swimming in the deep ocean so parasailing was absolutely terrifying for me but I am proud to say I have done it!



 

Unfortunately it started drizzling in the late afternoon, so we did not get that perfect sunset we saw the night before, though I still manage to take a picture of a scenery that was like a painting. Still beautiful.

 
That day was also my 13th month anniversary with my boyfriend so he took me to the lovely restaurant at the hotel for dinner :). This entire trip was actually post-poned celebration of our one year anniversary last month, it was worth the wait.

 
We really did not want to leave on our last day to come back to the horrible weather that Hong Kong has been having, but on our way home, we were extremely lucky cause we caught one last amazing view of the sunset in the sky. That was the perfect ending to our little vacation.




 

♥ "It's all about how you put it together" - T

• Please do not commercially reproduce or edit photographs on this blog without prior permission from Dashion-hime.

• All photographs belong to and are produced by Dashion-hime, unless credited otherwise.

• Dashion-hime's logo is an exclusive creation by Dashion-hime and may not be copied and reproduced without full credentials and prior permission from Dashion-hime.

• All content produced on the blog belongs to Dashion-hime, unless credited otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment